Are you are looking for a great dessert that can be made in an hour, and feeds an army? Look no further! This delectable easy chocolate brownies recipe is the perfect combination of chewy and cakey, has that amazing layer on top, and makes enough for 20-30 people. Win. Win. Win!
Start by melting your chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
After that is melted, in a separate bowl combine your sugar and vanilla with a whisk, and stir until the vanilla is mixed in. Now slowly pour in the melted chocolate/butter and mix until it is incorporated.
Add the eggs one or two at a time, and mix until each is combined and the mixture is smooth and glossy. Your arms should be getting tired by now.
Now combine your flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl, and pour into the batter. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
Keep stirring until it is combined. Don’t over mix the batter!
Prep a couple of pans with parchment and cooking spray. You want the edges to hang over the sides so you can lift out the brownies when they are done. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and spread out evenly.
Bake at 375°F for 35 – 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from the pan using the overhang from the parchment paper.
Let cool another 5 minutes and then cut and serve.
Delectable Easy Chocolate Brownies
- 3¾ cups unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 32 oz semi-sweet chocolate (5⅓ cups of chocolate chips, approximately)
- 7 cups sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla extract
- 18 large eggs
- 4 cups flour (I used bread flour, but all-purpose will work just fine)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when melted. Combine the sugar and vanilla in your mixer (or by hand), and then slowly pour in chocolate/butter and mix until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Batter should be shiny and smooth.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Don’t over mix!
- Prep 3 – 9×13 pans by lining with parchment paper that over hangs the long sides, and then spraying well with cooking spray. Pour batter into pans and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with wet crumbs. Start checking them at 30 minutes as ovens differ so greatly. When done, remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan using the parchment, and then let cool an additional 5 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out Homemade Banana Frozen Yogurt.