Best Tips for Traveling to Disney with Toddlers
- Let your toddler pack their travel bag for the car. Sounds wild, right? Trust me on this! If you are driving to Disney, you will want them to pack items that they will want to play with in the car. You may think that you know what they’ll want to play with, but you’ll be surprised at what their choices will be when you give them the option. Limit the size of the bag you give them, but let them pack it full!
- Pack a diaper bag for your travels to Disney. Even though your toddler may no longer be in diapers, that doesn’t mean that your diaper bag is no longer of use. You know how much stuff can fit into those diaper bags, right? They seem to have never-ending storage! Pack it full of items that you’ll need on your trip to Disney, and also items that you know that you’ll want to take into Disney as well when you get there. Those items will vary, but some to think about including are:
- An extra set of clothes
- Refillable water bottle/sippy cup
- Baby wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Fun treats to snack on along the way
- Remember that everyone’s energy levels will vary when taking a trip to Disney. While it’s 100% tempting to try to cram in as much fun as possible, remember that for a toddler, their energy level is going to vary from those who are older. Their steps are smaller, which means that for every step you are taking, it takes them several! Make certain that you are keeping them hydrated and giving them rest when they need it in the park, and possibly even look at renting or taking your own stroller into the park to offer those options of rest for your little one. If you can give them those ways to rest their feet, then they will last longer at the park during the day and it will be a more enjoyable trip for them as well.
- Be prepared for the worst-case scenarios. While no parent wants to think about the option of their child suddenly running out of their sight at Disney, it happens. There are tons of people at Disney so make your child stand out to you in the crowd by putting them in a brightly colored shirt so they are easy to spot in case they wander off. Also, consider matching shirts for the entire family as well. It’s an easy way for everyone to know that your party is together and an even easier way to keep an eye on your toddler. And take it even a step further by putting a bracelet on their wrist with your cell phone number written on it just in case they wander off and someone needs to get a hold of you. Your toddler more than likely won’t have your cell phone number memorized, but they will be able to show someone the bracelet that your number is written on making it quick and easy for those to contact you easily if needed.
Traveling to Disney with toddlers is an amazing experience that they are sure to love. While there are a few extra items to make certain to pack to make the trip easier for you and for them, don’t stress over the little details. As long as everyone is safe, happy, and healthy your trip to Disney will be a blast that they are sure to remember for many years to come!
[…] Best Tips for Traveling to Disney With Toddlers […]